Assam: Demand for separate Bodoland renewed
Tezpur: Peoples` Joint Action Committee for Bodoland Movement (PJACBM), an umbrella body of 47 organisations, on Friday renewed their demand for a separate Bodoland which includes areas of northern Assam districts.
More than three thousand members of PJACBM staged a dharna here and submitted a memorandum to Assam Governor JB Patnaik through Sonitpur Deputy Commissioner.
PJACBM convenors Dalim Rongpi and Sekhar Sarma said they were demanding that the ongoing peace talks with NDFB(Progressive) must be expedited along with the creation of a separate Bodoland.
"The Bodos and other indigenous tribals have lost their grip on their land and their survival as distinct communities with a socio-cultural identity is threatened", they said.
Moreover, the magnitude of influx of migrants into our lands has become a "serious threat not only to the existence and survival of the indigenous people but also to the internal and territorial integrity of India", they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog