Assam DGP visits troubled Bodo district; meets Army, SSB, CRPF
Guwahati: Following killing of eight people by banned NDFB(S) terrorists, Assam DGP on Tuesday discussed the security scenario of the Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) with senior officials from Army, SSB and CRPF.
The high-level meeting, which took place in Chirang district`s headquarters Kajalgaon, was also attended by all the SPs of Dhubri, Goalpara, Kokrajhar, Baksa and Chirang districts.
"It was basically to review the security scenario in these districts on the eve of Republic Day celebrations... Some important instructions were given to the officers," BTAD Inspector General of Police LR Bishnoi told a news agency.
He, however, did not elaborate on the "instructions" that were given to the security forces by the top brass.
When asked if any discussion took place regarding the recent violence by the NDFB(S), Bishnoi said "We did not discussed it elaborately as yesterday there was a meeting. We have decided to intensify our operations to nab the culprits and to stop any future such incident."
Apart from top Assam Police officials, the meeting was attended by senior officials from the Army, SSB and CRPF, he added.
Within three days since January 17, Eight people, mostly Hindi speaking, were killed by the anti-talk NDFB(S) faction across different locations in the state.
Yesterday, Assam police had announced a total cash reward of Rs 95 lakh on 15 top leaders of the NDFB(S), including Rs 10 lakh on its Chairman and Commander-in-Chief Songbijit Ingti Kathar alias IK Songbijit alias Sarsingh Ingti alias Sangbijoy, who is a Karbi youth.
Currently around 95 companies of security forces are positioned in Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa and Udalguri districts that have seen NDFB(S) activities in recent times. One company comprise of 110 personal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez