Assam: Engineer missing since March 4
Jorhat: A senior official of a
Chennai-based firm has been missing since March 4 from near
Kaziranga National Park, police said on Tuesday.
Ganapat Kumar, a project engineer of Afcon
Infrastructure went missing while he was on his way back to
his official residence in the city, Jorhat superintendent of
police Sanjukta Parashar said.
His wife had lodged an FIR at Jorhat sadar police
"Some clues have been found ... We are sure that no
militant group involved with the case," Parashar said adding
that a state-wide alert has been sounded to trace the missing
Afcon Infrastructure has been operating at various
places in Assam at various places in Assam including in
Cachar, Jorhat, Golaghat and Sivasagar districts in the past
couple of years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister