Assam: Engineer missing since March 4
Jorhat: A senior official of a
Chennai-based firm has been missing since March 4 from near
Kaziranga National Park, police said on Tuesday.
Ganapat Kumar, a project engineer of Afcon
Infrastructure went missing while he was on his way back to
his official residence in the city, Jorhat superintendent of
police Sanjukta Parashar said.
His wife had lodged an FIR at Jorhat sadar police
"Some clues have been found ... We are sure that no
militant group involved with the case," Parashar said adding
that a state-wide alert has been sounded to trace the missing
Afcon Infrastructure has been operating at various
places in Assam at various places in Assam including in
Cachar, Jorhat, Golaghat and Sivasagar districts in the past
couple of years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?