Assam: Engineer missing since March 4
Jorhat: A senior official of a
Chennai-based firm has been missing since March 4 from near
Kaziranga National Park, police said on Tuesday.
Ganapat Kumar, a project engineer of Afcon
Infrastructure went missing while he was on his way back to
his official residence in the city, Jorhat superintendent of
police Sanjukta Parashar said.
His wife had lodged an FIR at Jorhat sadar police
"Some clues have been found ... We are sure that no
militant group involved with the case," Parashar said adding
that a state-wide alert has been sounded to trace the missing
Afcon Infrastructure has been operating at various
places in Assam at various places in Assam including in
Cachar, Jorhat, Golaghat and Sivasagar districts in the past
couple of years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report