Assam: Engineer missing since March 4
Jorhat: A senior official of a
Chennai-based firm has been missing since March 4 from near
Kaziranga National Park, police said on Tuesday.
Ganapat Kumar, a project engineer of Afcon
Infrastructure went missing while he was on his way back to
his official residence in the city, Jorhat superintendent of
police Sanjukta Parashar said.
His wife had lodged an FIR at Jorhat sadar police
"Some clues have been found ... We are sure that no
militant group involved with the case," Parashar said adding
that a state-wide alert has been sounded to trace the missing
Afcon Infrastructure has been operating at various
places in Assam at various places in Assam including in
Cachar, Jorhat, Golaghat and Sivasagar districts in the past
couple of years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living