Assam: Engineer missing since March 4
Jorhat: A senior official of a
Chennai-based firm has been missing since March 4 from near
Kaziranga National Park, police said on Tuesday.
Ganapat Kumar, a project engineer of Afcon
Infrastructure went missing while he was on his way back to
his official residence in the city, Jorhat superintendent of
police Sanjukta Parashar said.
His wife had lodged an FIR at Jorhat sadar police
"Some clues have been found ... We are sure that no
militant group involved with the case," Parashar said adding
that a state-wide alert has been sounded to trace the missing
Afcon Infrastructure has been operating at various
places in Assam at various places in Assam including in
Cachar, Jorhat, Golaghat and Sivasagar districts in the past
couple of years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued