Assam: Five UAVA militants nabbed
Dhubri: Five United Achik
Volunteer Army (UAVA) militants, including a section
commander, were nabbed by security forces and huge quantity
of arms and ammunition were seized in Assam`s Kokrajhar
district on Wednesday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of the 14th Madras
Regiment launched a search operation at Phuljhara under
Kajigaon police station of the district and nabbed the five
The militants have been identified as the outfit`s
Section Commander Khulumb Marak and cadres Swamkhar Brahma,
Bimal Brahma, JK Sangma and Raju Marak.
The security forces also seized a .32 Chinese made
pistol, a 7.62 country-made pistol, a rifle, an AK-47 rifle,
six crude bombs, four detonators, 16 live cartridges and other
ammunition have been also recovered from their possession.
UAVA is a Meghalaya-based militant outfit and is
considered to be a sister organisation of Garo National
Liberation Army (GNLA), sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed