Assam: Five UAVA militants nabbed
Dhubri: Five United Achik
Volunteer Army (UAVA) militants, including a section
commander, were nabbed by security forces and huge quantity
of arms and ammunition were seized in Assam`s Kokrajhar
district on Wednesday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of the 14th Madras
Regiment launched a search operation at Phuljhara under
Kajigaon police station of the district and nabbed the five
The militants have been identified as the outfit`s
Section Commander Khulumb Marak and cadres Swamkhar Brahma,
Bimal Brahma, JK Sangma and Raju Marak.
The security forces also seized a .32 Chinese made
pistol, a 7.62 country-made pistol, a rifle, an AK-47 rifle,
six crude bombs, four detonators, 16 live cartridges and other
ammunition have been also recovered from their possession.
UAVA is a Meghalaya-based militant outfit and is
considered to be a sister organisation of Garo National
Liberation Army (GNLA), sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today
- There was no intention to show disrespect to Stalin or DMK, clarifies Jayalalithaa
- Air ambulance crash lands in Delhi: This is how the pilot saved lives of passengers