Assam: Five UAVA militants nabbed
Dhubri: Five United Achik
Volunteer Army (UAVA) militants, including a section
commander, were nabbed by security forces and huge quantity
of arms and ammunition were seized in Assam`s Kokrajhar
district on Wednesday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of the 14th Madras
Regiment launched a search operation at Phuljhara under
Kajigaon police station of the district and nabbed the five
The militants have been identified as the outfit`s
Section Commander Khulumb Marak and cadres Swamkhar Brahma,
Bimal Brahma, JK Sangma and Raju Marak.
The security forces also seized a .32 Chinese made
pistol, a 7.62 country-made pistol, a rifle, an AK-47 rifle,
six crude bombs, four detonators, 16 live cartridges and other
ammunition have been also recovered from their possession.
UAVA is a Meghalaya-based militant outfit and is
considered to be a sister organisation of Garo National
Liberation Army (GNLA), sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16