Assam floods: 250 villages affected, 75,000 people affected
Guwahati: The flood situation in Assam continued to remain critical with nearly 250 villages under water, affecting over 75,000 people across nine districts.
The data of Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) showed that the Brahmaputra was flowing over danger mark at Nematighat in Jorhat district.
Two of its tributaries -- Dhansiri and Jia Bharali -- were also flowing over the danger mark at Numaligarh in Golaghat and N T Road crossing in Sonitpur, respectively.
In nine districts, 248 villages have been submerged, ASDMA said.
As per official sources, over 75,000 people have been affected in this spate of flood. A 12-year-old boy has died at Jengpuri in Morigaon district.
Flood and erosion have devastated human habitation and crop fields in Morigaon`s Bhuragaon and Mayong revenue circles.
5,000 hectares of agricultural land with standing crops, including rice, have been damaged, it said.
The Brahmaputra has left 100 families homeless at Jengpuri, Nathgaon and Boralimari under Bhuragaon revenue circles of Morigaon district.
Three relief camps have been set up in Dhemaji district, where nearly 1,000 people are taking shelter.
Six roads, one bridge and three culverts have been damaged in Golaghat district and an embankment each breached at Madanpur and Chandpur in Karimganj district, the Authority said.
In Dhemaji, erosion has been noticed on Khalihamari Butikur Road. Temporary restoration work has been carried out at the affected stretches.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!