Assam for Green Roads by using cold mix technology
Guwahati: From Green Buildings to Green Roads, Assam has begun its journey towards becoming one of the greenest and cleanest states in the country by using cold mix technology in which natural rubber latex is blended with bitumen emulsion.
Assam is a pioneering state in the country to have used cold mix technology in rural road construction and has so far constructed about 1500 kms, state PWD Minister Ajanta Neog has said.
The biggest advantage of the cold mix technology was that on an average in cold mix precious fossil fuels approximately 1500 litres of diesel per kilometre -- are saved and if over 1000 km of roads are constructed in a year in each state, the benefits would be enormous.
Assam Public Works Roads Department has launched a unique Green Roads Mission in association with the New Delhi-based Central Road Research Institute and Bitchem Asphalt Technologies Limited.
The Mission, among others, aims at achieving its objective of sustainable development and harnessing the socio-economic and environmental benefits of cold mix technology for rural roads and state roads to help the country benefit from prospective earning of carbon credits.
The cold mix technology is an impressive option to solve the problems of road connectivity in the state as various factors like heavy rainfall often delay the construction and maintenance of roads, Neog said yesterday.
Using the cold mix technology, the PWRD has developed over 1500 km of green roads in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof