Assam for Green Roads by using cold mix technology
Guwahati: From Green Buildings to Green Roads, Assam has begun its journey towards becoming one of the greenest and cleanest states in the country by using cold mix technology in which natural rubber latex is blended with bitumen emulsion.
Assam is a pioneering state in the country to have used cold mix technology in rural road construction and has so far constructed about 1500 kms, state PWD Minister Ajanta Neog has said.
The biggest advantage of the cold mix technology was that on an average in cold mix precious fossil fuels approximately 1500 litres of diesel per kilometre -- are saved and if over 1000 km of roads are constructed in a year in each state, the benefits would be enormous.
Assam Public Works Roads Department has launched a unique Green Roads Mission in association with the New Delhi-based Central Road Research Institute and Bitchem Asphalt Technologies Limited.
The Mission, among others, aims at achieving its objective of sustainable development and harnessing the socio-economic and environmental benefits of cold mix technology for rural roads and state roads to help the country benefit from prospective earning of carbon credits.
The cold mix technology is an impressive option to solve the problems of road connectivity in the state as various factors like heavy rainfall often delay the construction and maintenance of roads, Neog said yesterday.
Using the cold mix technology, the PWRD has developed over 1500 km of green roads in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared