Assam: GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara: A Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Goalpara district on Monday.
Acting on specific information, the police and army launched a joint operation in Medhikona village under Dhupdhara police station in the district, police said.
The militant in a bid to escape opened fire following which the security forces retaliated killing the ultra, they said.
The police recovered a hand grenade and a 9 mm pistol from the slain militant.
A joint team of the police and army had killed two GNLA militants in an encounter in Borjhora village under Lakhipur police station of the same district on the night of October six.
GNLA is an insurgent outfit based in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills region adjoining Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'