Assam: GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara: A Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Goalpara district on Monday.
Acting on specific information, the police and army launched a joint operation in Medhikona village under Dhupdhara police station in the district, police said.
The militant in a bid to escape opened fire following which the security forces retaliated killing the ultra, they said.
The police recovered a hand grenade and a 9 mm pistol from the slain militant.
A joint team of the police and army had killed two GNLA militants in an encounter in Borjhora village under Lakhipur police station of the same district on the night of October six.
GNLA is an insurgent outfit based in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills region adjoining Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...