Assam: GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara: A Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Goalpara district on Monday.
Acting on specific information, the police and army launched a joint operation in Medhikona village under Dhupdhara police station in the district, police said.
The militant in a bid to escape opened fire following which the security forces retaliated killing the ultra, they said.
The police recovered a hand grenade and a 9 mm pistol from the slain militant.
A joint team of the police and army had killed two GNLA militants in an encounter in Borjhora village under Lakhipur police station of the same district on the night of October six.
GNLA is an insurgent outfit based in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills region adjoining Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur