Assam: GNLA militant killed in encounter
Goalpara: A Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Goalpara district on Monday.
Acting on specific information, the police and army launched a joint operation in Medhikona village under Dhupdhara police station in the district, police said.
The militant in a bid to escape opened fire following which the security forces retaliated killing the ultra, they said.
The police recovered a hand grenade and a 9 mm pistol from the slain militant.
A joint team of the police and army had killed two GNLA militants in an encounter in Borjhora village under Lakhipur police station of the same district on the night of October six.
GNLA is an insurgent outfit based in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills region adjoining Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report