Assam govt enhances DA to 72 per cent
Guwahati: The Assam government has raised the Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for its employees and pensioners from 65 to 72 per cent effective July 1 this year.
Following the increase, the DA will be at par with Central Government employees, official sources said on Tuesday.
The arrear will be paid in cash, the sources said, adding an additional expenditure of Rs 400 crore will be incurred by the government during the current financial year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees