Assam govt enhances DA to 72 per cent
Guwahati: The Assam government has raised the Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for its employees and pensioners from 65 to 72 per cent effective July 1 this year.
Following the increase, the DA will be at par with Central Government employees, official sources said on Tuesday.
The arrear will be paid in cash, the sources said, adding an additional expenditure of Rs 400 crore will be incurred by the government during the current financial year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'