Assam govt enhances DA to 72 per cent
Guwahati: The Assam government has raised the Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for its employees and pensioners from 65 to 72 per cent effective July 1 this year.
Following the increase, the DA will be at par with Central Government employees, official sources said on Tuesday.
The arrear will be paid in cash, the sources said, adding an additional expenditure of Rs 400 crore will be incurred by the government during the current financial year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre