Assam govt enhances DA to 72 per cent
Guwahati: The Assam government has raised the Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for its employees and pensioners from 65 to 72 per cent effective July 1 this year.
Following the increase, the DA will be at par with Central Government employees, official sources said on Tuesday.
The arrear will be paid in cash, the sources said, adding an additional expenditure of Rs 400 crore will be incurred by the government during the current financial year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job
- Hillary Clinton unfit to lead US; our way of life is under threat from radical Islam: Donald Trump
- Kathmandu Valley to observe chariot festival today