Assam govt for pay-cut, break-in-service for employees
Guwahati: Assam government would enforce pay cut, break in service and disciplinary action against employees who do not report for work during Bharat Bandh on Thursday.
This was said in a notification issued by the government today to ensure normal functioning and attendance in all government offices and undertakings in the state in view of tomorrow`s bandh by BJP and supported by several parties.
All heads of offices and departments have been further instructed to deduct pay and allowances for unauthorized absence from offices and duties tomorrow and to initiate disciplinary action for such unauthorized absence.
"Employees who absent themselves from duties tomorrow will be treated as unauthorisedly absent and appropriate action like pay-cut, break in service, liability for disciplinary actions among others shall be taken," an official release said here on Wednesday.
All district and sub-divisional authorities have been directed to take necessary measures to ensure normal functioning of all state Government offices, including transport and power during the bandh period.
BJP-led NDA, supported by several political parties, has called a nation-wide bandh tomorrow to protest against diesel price hike, FDI in retail and regulation on supply of LPG cylinders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!