Assam govt framing new land policy: Minister
Guwahati: The Assam government will frame a new land policy and a committee has been formed to work on it, the state Assembly was informed on Tuesday.
"The Assam government has decided to frame a new land policy and a committee has already been formed to work on it under the Chairmanship of Congress MLA Bhumidhar Barman," Revenue and Disaster Management Minister Prithibi Majhi said.
He made the statement replying to a written question by BJP MLA Jadav Chandra Deka.
Agricultural lands were getting reduced due to various reasons including using it for non-farming purposes, erosion and acquisition by government institutions like railways and road department, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble