Assam govt framing new land policy: Minister
Guwahati: The Assam government will frame a new land policy and a committee has been formed to work on it, the state Assembly was informed on Tuesday.
"The Assam government has decided to frame a new land policy and a committee has already been formed to work on it under the Chairmanship of Congress MLA Bhumidhar Barman," Revenue and Disaster Management Minister Prithibi Majhi said.
He made the statement replying to a written question by BJP MLA Jadav Chandra Deka.
Agricultural lands were getting reduced due to various reasons including using it for non-farming purposes, erosion and acquisition by government institutions like railways and road department, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...