Assam govt nearly doubles freedom fighters` pension
Guwahati: On the eve of the Republic Day, Assam government on Saturday announced to almost double the pension of freedom fighters to Rs 15,000 a month.
The pension of freedom fighters would be increased by Rs 7,000 every month from the existing monthly Rs 8,000, an official release said here.
The decision was taken yesterday to pay respect to the freedom fighters of the state.
The statement, however, did not mention how many freedom fighters are there in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune