Assam govt prohibits strike by oil sector from May 29
Guwahati: Assam Government on Thursday prohibited strikes by oil sector employees under the Essential Services Maintenance Act from May 29 next.
Officers, workmen, contract labour, tanker, driver, khalasis of the oil sector involved in the services falling under the said Act have been prohibited from calling a strike for a period of six months from May 29, an official release said.
The prohibition will also be imposed with regards to any service in oil fields, refineries, establishment or undertaking dealing with the production, supply or distribution of petroleum and petroleum products, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!