Assam govt prohibits strike by oil sector from May 29
Guwahati: Assam Government on Thursday prohibited strikes by oil sector employees under the Essential Services Maintenance Act from May 29 next.
Officers, workmen, contract labour, tanker, driver, khalasis of the oil sector involved in the services falling under the said Act have been prohibited from calling a strike for a period of six months from May 29, an official release said.
The prohibition will also be imposed with regards to any service in oil fields, refineries, establishment or undertaking dealing with the production, supply or distribution of petroleum and petroleum products, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog