Assam govt raises dearness allowance
Guwahati: Assam government has raised the
Dearness Allowance (DA) of its employees from 51 to 58 per
cent with effect from July 1, 2011.
With this 7 per cent increase in DA, the total
increase during the year will be 13 per cent, an official
release said here today.
The additional monthly expenditure for the Government
will be to the tune of Rs 400 crore approximately for the
eight-month period from July 2011 to February 2012.
The enhanced DA will be paid with the current salary
bill from November onwards.
The arrears from 1st July to 31st October 2011 will be
paid to the employees in one instalment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India