Assam govt sets up committee to probe Raidwngbari encounter
Guwahati: The Assam government has constituted a one-man inquiry committee headed by Additional Chief Secretary V B Pyarelal to inquire into the alleged encounter between security forces and suspected militants in which two youths were killed in the state`s Chirang district.
A notification to this effect was issued yesterday and the committee would inquire into the circumstances leading to the encounter and attribute responsibility for lapses, if any, an official release said here today.
The committee would inquire all aspects leading to the encounter at Raidwngbari under Runikhata police station of the district on December 11 last, which led to the death of two persons and injury to another one.
The committee would also take into account various guidelines issued by National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and Assam Human Rights Commission (AHRC) in this regard, the release said, adding the committee would submit its report within 30 days from the date of issue of the notification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH