Assam govt sets up committee to probe Raidwngbari encounter
Guwahati: The Assam government has constituted a one-man inquiry committee headed by Additional Chief Secretary V B Pyarelal to inquire into the alleged encounter between security forces and suspected militants in which two youths were killed in the state`s Chirang district.
A notification to this effect was issued yesterday and the committee would inquire into the circumstances leading to the encounter and attribute responsibility for lapses, if any, an official release said here today.
The committee would inquire all aspects leading to the encounter at Raidwngbari under Runikhata police station of the district on December 11 last, which led to the death of two persons and injury to another one.
The committee would also take into account various guidelines issued by National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and Assam Human Rights Commission (AHRC) in this regard, the release said, adding the committee would submit its report within 30 days from the date of issue of the notification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal