Assam govt to approach CBI against cos swindling money
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Wednesday said that his government was ``seriously contemplating`` to move the CBI against some companies, including major groups, for swindling public money.
``Cases are being examined and the government is contemplating handing over some cases to CBI having inter state ramifications``, Gogoi said after a law and order review meeting with senior officials of the Home and Political Departments here today.
He said that 222 cases have been registered so far against 128 companies including Saradha Group, Rose Valley, Unipay 2 U, Jeevan Suraksha, Prayag, Abyss Assam Group Co, Basil International Ltd., Alliance Vision Marketing Pvt. Ltd and Daffodils Group of Companies.
Besides in 17 cases, chargesheets have been filed against 42 persons belonging to 15 companies while altogether 303 persons have been arrested for swindling public.
Nearly Rs 94 lakh in cash have been seized from the arrested and 106 bank accounts with total deposit of Rs 24 crore have been frozen while a number of plots totalling more than 99 bighas, besides buildings, have been identified and necessary steps are being taken p for their attachment.
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) is supervising the cases, Gogoi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan