Assam govt to give adequate compensation and rehabilitation
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday said the state government would provide adequate compensation and rehabilitate the displaced people affected by the recent violence along Assam-Nagaland border.
"The state government will take all care to rehabilitate the affected people at the earliest and steps have been already initiated to enhance security and instill confidence among the affected people," Gogoi said in a statement here.
Gogoi said he has personally taken up the matter with the Prime Minister and Union Home Minister and sought additional companies of CRPF for rapid deployment in the disputed areas along with new security pickets in the affected villages.
Both Assam and Nagaland have had fruitful talks at the Chief Ministerial and official level to restore peace and normalcy in the border areas, he said.
The Chief Minister announced Rs five lakh each as ex-gratia to the next of kin of those killed in police firing and Rs 50,000 to those who sustained serious injuries.
He also announced Rs five lakh to the next of kin of Ajit Tanti who died after being run over by a speeding truck while fleeing police lathicharge. Two persons had died on the spot in police firing while another later succumbed to his injuries.
Gogoi had already announced Rs eight lakh each as ex-gratia to the next of kin of the nine persons who died in violent incidents along the inter-State border on August 12-13 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Chaitanya Padukone pens book on 'Pancham Da'
- Japanese girl hit by train while using smartphone
- Trupti Desai seeks God's blessing ahead of Bombay HC verdict on women's entry in Haji Ali Dargah case
- I feel proud of Priyanka, Deepika: Anushka Sharma
- Euro 2016: Spain set for duel against Italy; England eye quarters vs Iceland