Assam govt to give adequate compensation and rehabilitation
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday said the state government would provide adequate compensation and rehabilitate the displaced people affected by the recent violence along Assam-Nagaland border.
"The state government will take all care to rehabilitate the affected people at the earliest and steps have been already initiated to enhance security and instill confidence among the affected people," Gogoi said in a statement here.
Gogoi said he has personally taken up the matter with the Prime Minister and Union Home Minister and sought additional companies of CRPF for rapid deployment in the disputed areas along with new security pickets in the affected villages.
Both Assam and Nagaland have had fruitful talks at the Chief Ministerial and official level to restore peace and normalcy in the border areas, he said.
The Chief Minister announced Rs five lakh each as ex-gratia to the next of kin of those killed in police firing and Rs 50,000 to those who sustained serious injuries.
He also announced Rs five lakh to the next of kin of Ajit Tanti who died after being run over by a speeding truck while fleeing police lathicharge. Two persons had died on the spot in police firing while another later succumbed to his injuries.
Gogoi had already announced Rs eight lakh each as ex-gratia to the next of kin of the nine persons who died in violent incidents along the inter-State border on August 12-13 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'