Assam govt to impart vocational training for Rs 100 cr
Nagaon (Assam): Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said government would spend Rs 100 crore to impart vocational training to unemployed youths of the state.
The project would give due importance to physically challenged youths Gogoi said at the diamond jubilee of the NGO Sreemanta Sankar Mission.
Praising the work of the NGO, Gogoi declared a grant of Rs one crore for its future activities.
Meanwhile, at an official function here, the chief minister laid the foundation stone of development and construction of roads and drains of Nagaon town.
For this project, the Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) Ministry has sanctioned an amount of Rs 19.24 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad