Assam govt to impart vocational training for Rs 100 cr
Nagaon (Assam): Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said government would spend Rs 100 crore to impart vocational training to unemployed youths of the state.
The project would give due importance to physically challenged youths Gogoi said at the diamond jubilee of the NGO Sreemanta Sankar Mission.
Praising the work of the NGO, Gogoi declared a grant of Rs one crore for its future activities.
Meanwhile, at an official function here, the chief minister laid the foundation stone of development and construction of roads and drains of Nagaon town.
For this project, the Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) Ministry has sanctioned an amount of Rs 19.24 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview