Assam govt to impart vocational training for Rs 100 cr
Nagaon (Assam): Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said government would spend Rs 100 crore to impart vocational training to unemployed youths of the state.
The project would give due importance to physically challenged youths Gogoi said at the diamond jubilee of the NGO Sreemanta Sankar Mission.
Praising the work of the NGO, Gogoi declared a grant of Rs one crore for its future activities.
Meanwhile, at an official function here, the chief minister laid the foundation stone of development and construction of roads and drains of Nagaon town.
For this project, the Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) Ministry has sanctioned an amount of Rs 19.24 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia