Assam govt to impart vocational training for Rs 100 cr
Nagaon (Assam): Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said government would spend Rs 100 crore to impart vocational training to unemployed youths of the state.
The project would give due importance to physically challenged youths Gogoi said at the diamond jubilee of the NGO Sreemanta Sankar Mission.
Praising the work of the NGO, Gogoi declared a grant of Rs one crore for its future activities.
Meanwhile, at an official function here, the chief minister laid the foundation stone of development and construction of roads and drains of Nagaon town.
For this project, the Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) Ministry has sanctioned an amount of Rs 19.24 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Will not allow our territory for any anti-India activity: Myanmar to India
- Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan `protection force`
- Rio-returned athlete Sudha Singh hospitalized
- Companies' business confidence index grows 2.2% in June quarter
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark