Assam: Intellectuals, civil society supports Anna
Guwahati: Several civil society members and
prominent intellectuals of Assam on Thursday joined to voice support
for Gandhian Anna Hazare while the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP)
announced to stage a dharna programme and march to Raj Bhavan
on August 29 in support of a strong Lokpal bill.
Prominent artists lined up the streets and painted
pictures of Anna and his team on the main thoroughfares of the
AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary called for a strong
Lokpal bill and rejected the government`s version of the bill.
"Checking corruption is the need of the hour and
people cutting across party lines should support team Anna",
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!