Assam: Media associations condemn attack on journalists
Guwahati: Several media associations of Assam on Tuesday condemned attack on mediapersons by bandh activists during the 12-hour Assam Bandh called by the All Assam Minority Students` Union.
Assam Photojournalist Association, Journalist Forum of Assam and Electronic Media Forum of Assam, condemned the attack on mediapersons by bandh activists while they were collecting news and demanded the immediate arrest of culprits.
AAMSU activists assaulted a correspondent of a local channel in Goalpara who was admitted to Goalpara Civil Hospital in a serious condition.
Correspondents of a private news channel was also injured in police lathicharge in Sibsagar district.
Two reporters were also attacked by AAMSU activists in Barpeta Road - one at Moirabari in Morigaon and the other in Barama in Baksa district.
The associations also urged the government to create a conducive atmosphere so that mediapersons can perform their duties in a proper atmosphere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family