Assam minister duped of Rs 9 lakh
Guwahati: An Assam minister Thursday said he had once become a victim of a fake financial institution which duped him of Rs nine lakh.
"I myself was once victim of one such firm, Red Carpet, which duped me of Rs 9 lakh. It was, however, before I had become an MLA," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Nilomoni Sen Deka told the state assembly.
The minister, however, assured the house that strict action was being taken against such fake companies in the state.
The minister made the statements when the issue of operation of fake financial institutions was raised during zero hour by Asom Gana Parishad MLA Bhupen Ray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed