Assam minister duped of Rs 9 lakh
Guwahati: An Assam minister Thursday said he had once become a victim of a fake financial institution which duped him of Rs nine lakh.
"I myself was once victim of one such firm, Red Carpet, which duped me of Rs 9 lakh. It was, however, before I had become an MLA," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Nilomoni Sen Deka told the state assembly.
The minister, however, assured the house that strict action was being taken against such fake companies in the state.
The minister made the statements when the issue of operation of fake financial institutions was raised during zero hour by Asom Gana Parishad MLA Bhupen Ray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28