Assam minister duped of Rs 9 lakh
Guwahati: An Assam minister Thursday said he had once become a victim of a fake financial institution which duped him of Rs nine lakh.
"I myself was once victim of one such firm, Red Carpet, which duped me of Rs 9 lakh. It was, however, before I had become an MLA," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Nilomoni Sen Deka told the state assembly.
The minister, however, assured the house that strict action was being taken against such fake companies in the state.
The minister made the statements when the issue of operation of fake financial institutions was raised during zero hour by Asom Gana Parishad MLA Bhupen Ray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you