Assam minister duped of Rs 9 lakh
Guwahati: An Assam minister Thursday said he had once become a victim of a fake financial institution which duped him of Rs nine lakh.
"I myself was once victim of one such firm, Red Carpet, which duped me of Rs 9 lakh. It was, however, before I had become an MLA," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Nilomoni Sen Deka told the state assembly.
The minister, however, assured the house that strict action was being taken against such fake companies in the state.
The minister made the statements when the issue of operation of fake financial institutions was raised during zero hour by Asom Gana Parishad MLA Bhupen Ray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened