Assam molestation case: Girl accuses police of inaction
Sibsagar: A 22-year-old girl on Monday alleged inaction by the police in a case of molestation filed by her against six persons in Assam`s Sibsagar district.
The girl, who is a university student, was allegedly molested by the six outside her home in daylight at Joysagar town of the Sibsagar district on August 8.
The six had allegedly disrobed her and beat her with sticks when she resisted them.
The girl later filed a complaint at Joysagar police station and one of the accused was arrested a few days later and sent to jail.
However, the other five are still free, she alleged.
When contacted the police authorities said chargesheet had been filed on the case and the five accused are on the run.
Efforts are on to nab the accused, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing