Assam molestation case: Girl accuses police of inaction
Sibsagar: A 22-year-old girl on Monday alleged inaction by the police in a case of molestation filed by her against six persons in Assam`s Sibsagar district.
The girl, who is a university student, was allegedly molested by the six outside her home in daylight at Joysagar town of the Sibsagar district on August 8.
The six had allegedly disrobed her and beat her with sticks when she resisted them.
The girl later filed a complaint at Joysagar police station and one of the accused was arrested a few days later and sent to jail.
However, the other five are still free, she alleged.
When contacted the police authorities said chargesheet had been filed on the case and the five accused are on the run.
Efforts are on to nab the accused, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price