Assam molestation case: Girl accuses police of inaction
Sibsagar: A 22-year-old girl on Monday alleged inaction by the police in a case of molestation filed by her against six persons in Assam`s Sibsagar district.
The girl, who is a university student, was allegedly molested by the six outside her home in daylight at Joysagar town of the Sibsagar district on August 8.
The six had allegedly disrobed her and beat her with sticks when she resisted them.
The girl later filed a complaint at Joysagar police station and one of the accused was arrested a few days later and sent to jail.
However, the other five are still free, she alleged.
When contacted the police authorities said chargesheet had been filed on the case and the five accused are on the run.
Efforts are on to nab the accused, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail