Assam: New suit on Pritam murder case
Silchar: One more suit was registered by National Human Rights Commission in the murder of PhD scholar from Assam Pritam Bhattacharjee at Naugachia railway station in Bihar this year.
Silchar district bar association had appealed to NHRC demanding the culprits responsible for Pritam`s murder be nabbed and punished.
The NHRC has registered the suit, its assistant registrar (legal cell) informed the bar association secretary Champak Dutta.
Pritam Bhattacharjee, a PhD scholar from Silchar had boarded the Assam-Avadh Express from Guwahati on July 8 and went missing from Naugachia station the next day.
As per reports miscreants had snatched his laptop and camera during the two-minute halt at the station and the 25 year-old youth chased them on the platform.
He was missing since then till his body was recovered in a badly mutilated condition on July 16 from the railway track under Kataria overbridge, 12 km from Naugachia station.
All Assam Students Union had submitted a memorandum to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh through the deputy commissioner of Cachar demanding a CBI probe into the murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire