Assam: New suit on Pritam murder case
Silchar: One more suit was registered by National Human Rights Commission in the murder of PhD scholar from Assam Pritam Bhattacharjee at Naugachia railway station in Bihar this year.
Silchar district bar association had appealed to NHRC demanding the culprits responsible for Pritam`s murder be nabbed and punished.
The NHRC has registered the suit, its assistant registrar (legal cell) informed the bar association secretary Champak Dutta.
Pritam Bhattacharjee, a PhD scholar from Silchar had boarded the Assam-Avadh Express from Guwahati on July 8 and went missing from Naugachia station the next day.
As per reports miscreants had snatched his laptop and camera during the two-minute halt at the station and the 25 year-old youth chased them on the platform.
He was missing since then till his body was recovered in a badly mutilated condition on July 16 from the railway track under Kataria overbridge, 12 km from Naugachia station.
All Assam Students Union had submitted a memorandum to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh through the deputy commissioner of Cachar demanding a CBI probe into the murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?