Assam: New suit on Pritam murder case
Silchar: One more suit was registered by National Human Rights Commission in the murder of PhD scholar from Assam Pritam Bhattacharjee at Naugachia railway station in Bihar this year.
Silchar district bar association had appealed to NHRC demanding the culprits responsible for Pritam`s murder be nabbed and punished.
The NHRC has registered the suit, its assistant registrar (legal cell) informed the bar association secretary Champak Dutta.
Pritam Bhattacharjee, a PhD scholar from Silchar had boarded the Assam-Avadh Express from Guwahati on July 8 and went missing from Naugachia station the next day.
As per reports miscreants had snatched his laptop and camera during the two-minute halt at the station and the 25 year-old youth chased them on the platform.
He was missing since then till his body was recovered in a badly mutilated condition on July 16 from the railway track under Kataria overbridge, 12 km from Naugachia station.
All Assam Students Union had submitted a memorandum to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh through the deputy commissioner of Cachar demanding a CBI probe into the murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof