Assam: New suit on Pritam murder case
Silchar: One more suit was registered by National Human Rights Commission in the murder of PhD scholar from Assam Pritam Bhattacharjee at Naugachia railway station in Bihar this year.
Silchar district bar association had appealed to NHRC demanding the culprits responsible for Pritam`s murder be nabbed and punished.
The NHRC has registered the suit, its assistant registrar (legal cell) informed the bar association secretary Champak Dutta.
Pritam Bhattacharjee, a PhD scholar from Silchar had boarded the Assam-Avadh Express from Guwahati on July 8 and went missing from Naugachia station the next day.
As per reports miscreants had snatched his laptop and camera during the two-minute halt at the station and the 25 year-old youth chased them on the platform.
He was missing since then till his body was recovered in a badly mutilated condition on July 16 from the railway track under Kataria overbridge, 12 km from Naugachia station.
All Assam Students Union had submitted a memorandum to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh through the deputy commissioner of Cachar demanding a CBI probe into the murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!