Assam: No fresh incident in Chirang and Kokrajhar
Guwahati:No fresh incident of violence was reported on Monday in Assam`s Chirang and Kokrajhar districts where five bodies were found yesterday stoking fresh tension.
Official sources said tension continued to prevail in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri, the scene of clashes between Bodos and minorities that has left 61 people dead.
The army was continuing flag marches, while the police and para-military forces were on patrol, the sources said.
Indefinite curfew was reimposed in Chirang district where three bodies were recovered yesterday while night curfew was continuing in Kokrajhar, where two bodies were recovered, besides in Baksa and Dhubri.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has constituted a group of ministers, headed by Revenue Minister Prithibi Majhi, to oversee and coordinate relief and rehabilitation in the violence-affected areas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed