Assam: No fresh incident in Chirang and Kokrajhar
Guwahati:No fresh incident of violence was reported on Monday in Assam`s Chirang and Kokrajhar districts where five bodies were found yesterday stoking fresh tension.
Official sources said tension continued to prevail in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri, the scene of clashes between Bodos and minorities that has left 61 people dead.
The army was continuing flag marches, while the police and para-military forces were on patrol, the sources said.
Indefinite curfew was reimposed in Chirang district where three bodies were recovered yesterday while night curfew was continuing in Kokrajhar, where two bodies were recovered, besides in Baksa and Dhubri.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has constituted a group of ministers, headed by Revenue Minister Prithibi Majhi, to oversee and coordinate relief and rehabilitation in the violence-affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?