Assam: No fresh incident in Chirang and Kokrajhar
Guwahati:No fresh incident of violence was reported on Monday in Assam`s Chirang and Kokrajhar districts where five bodies were found yesterday stoking fresh tension.
Official sources said tension continued to prevail in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri, the scene of clashes between Bodos and minorities that has left 61 people dead.
The army was continuing flag marches, while the police and para-military forces were on patrol, the sources said.
Indefinite curfew was reimposed in Chirang district where three bodies were recovered yesterday while night curfew was continuing in Kokrajhar, where two bodies were recovered, besides in Baksa and Dhubri.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has constituted a group of ministers, headed by Revenue Minister Prithibi Majhi, to oversee and coordinate relief and rehabilitation in the violence-affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'