Assam: No fresh incident in Chirang and Kokrajhar
Guwahati:No fresh incident of violence was reported on Monday in Assam`s Chirang and Kokrajhar districts where five bodies were found yesterday stoking fresh tension.
Official sources said tension continued to prevail in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri, the scene of clashes between Bodos and minorities that has left 61 people dead.
The army was continuing flag marches, while the police and para-military forces were on patrol, the sources said.
Indefinite curfew was reimposed in Chirang district where three bodies were recovered yesterday while night curfew was continuing in Kokrajhar, where two bodies were recovered, besides in Baksa and Dhubri.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has constituted a group of ministers, headed by Revenue Minister Prithibi Majhi, to oversee and coordinate relief and rehabilitation in the violence-affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past