Assam: No fresh incident in Chirang and Kokrajhar
Guwahati:No fresh incident of violence was reported on Monday in Assam`s Chirang and Kokrajhar districts where five bodies were found yesterday stoking fresh tension.
Official sources said tension continued to prevail in the Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri, the scene of clashes between Bodos and minorities that has left 61 people dead.
The army was continuing flag marches, while the police and para-military forces were on patrol, the sources said.
Indefinite curfew was reimposed in Chirang district where three bodies were recovered yesterday while night curfew was continuing in Kokrajhar, where two bodies were recovered, besides in Baksa and Dhubri.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has constituted a group of ministers, headed by Revenue Minister Prithibi Majhi, to oversee and coordinate relief and rehabilitation in the violence-affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred