Assam: One killed, Seven injured in Sibsagar blast
Sibsagar: One person was killed and seven others were injured when a blast rocked this town in Assam on Monday.
Police said the blast, suspected to be caused by an IED, was triggered between Central Market and Lakshmi talkies in the heart of the headquarters town of Sibsagar district at 9 pm.
Eight people were hurt and taken to Sibsagar Civil Hospital or another private hospital nearby and one of the injured Nirod Das (32) later died at the civil hospital.
Glass panes of some nearby constructions were broken by the impact of the blast.
The blast could have caused higher casualty had it taken place an hour ago when the place was teeming with people.
Army and security personnel visited the spot.
Police sources said the blast was caused by a programmable time device that was attached to a motorcycle.
One of the seven injured was referred to Assam Medical College in Dibrugarh town in critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen