Assam: One policeman injured in ULFA grenade blast
Tinsukia (Assam): At least one policeman was seriously injured on Saturday when suspected ULFA militants hurled a grenade during an encounter at Bordumgsa in Assam`s Tinsukia district.
The police said during patrolling a group of ULFA militants encountered the security forces and an exchange of firing took place.
During the encounter the militants lobbed a grenade in which one policeman was injured and he was admitted to Assam Medical College Hospital at Dibrugarh, the police said.
The militants escaped immediately after the incident.
Meanwhile, six cadre of United Peoples Democratic Front, which has been active in Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura, were arrested today from Arunachal`s Changlang district bordering Tinsukia.
They are being interrogated in Tinsukia police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read