Assam: One policeman injured in ULFA grenade blast
Tinsukia (Assam): At least one policeman was seriously injured on Saturday when suspected ULFA militants hurled a grenade during an encounter at Bordumgsa in Assam`s Tinsukia district.
The police said during patrolling a group of ULFA militants encountered the security forces and an exchange of firing took place.
During the encounter the militants lobbed a grenade in which one policeman was injured and he was admitted to Assam Medical College Hospital at Dibrugarh, the police said.
The militants escaped immediately after the incident.
Meanwhile, six cadre of United Peoples Democratic Front, which has been active in Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura, were arrested today from Arunachal`s Changlang district bordering Tinsukia.
They are being interrogated in Tinsukia police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city