Assam: One policeman injured in ULFA grenade blast
Tinsukia (Assam): At least one policeman was seriously injured on Saturday when suspected ULFA militants hurled a grenade during an encounter at Bordumgsa in Assam`s Tinsukia district.
The police said during patrolling a group of ULFA militants encountered the security forces and an exchange of firing took place.
During the encounter the militants lobbed a grenade in which one policeman was injured and he was admitted to Assam Medical College Hospital at Dibrugarh, the police said.
The militants escaped immediately after the incident.
Meanwhile, six cadre of United Peoples Democratic Front, which has been active in Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura, were arrested today from Arunachal`s Changlang district bordering Tinsukia.
They are being interrogated in Tinsukia police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Air India passengers to have hassle-free travel; 2 check-in counters opened at Delhi Metro station
- Abu Jundal convicted in 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case; court accepts there was a conspiracy to eliminate Modi, Togadia
- Easy tips on how to keep your lipstick stay longer! Watch video
- Rio Games 2016: Olympic Village controversy reignites in pessimistic Brazil
- Baby boy 'walks' out of his mother's womb in new birthing trend of 'natural caesarean' – Watch the amazing moment!