Assam Panchayat elections an `acid test` for BJP
Karimganj: Senior BJP leader Kabindra
Purkayastha on Sunday said that the ensuing panchayat elections in
Assam was an acid test for the party as they had to get over
their failure in the last assembly polls in the state.
"The party had a bright chance to be a factor in the
power equation in the last assembly polls. The central
leadership was very worried about the results and a series of
introspective sessions was held to find out the deficiences in
the party," the Silchar MP told PTI.
There would be fifty per cent reservation for women in
the polls to attract more women in the party and for this
there had been regular session with them in the panchayat
He, however, admitted that Muslim votes would be a
factor and if AIUDF leader Badruddin Ajmal entered into an
understanding with the Congress, then BJP would have to
redraw its strategy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth