Assam: Panic over unclaimed packet in refugee camp
Dhubri (Assam): An unclaimed packet caused a flutter in a refugee camp here before a bomb disposal squad found it to be a harmless object on Saturday, police said.
The packet, containing a lump of plastic, cloth and nails tied up with ropes, was detected in the store room of the camp set up at Dalsingha LP school by some of its inmates this morning.
The refugees, displaced people of the recent ethnic violence in Assam, thought it to be an IED and informed police. Senior police and district administration officials rushed to the spot and laid bare its content.
Police suspected that some miscreants had placed the packet to create tension among the displaced people.
Over a 1,000 people are currently taking shelter in the camp.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!