Assam: Patrolling in parts of Cachar to foil ultras
Silchar (Assam): Police have intensified patrolling in parts of south Assam`s Cachar district after reports emerged of suspected Dimasa National Revolutionary Force (DNRF) cadres sneaking into the area from the nearby Dima Hasao district.
Police said locals in the Cachar-Dima Hasao border areas have reported seeing groups of armed ultras moving in the area since the past few days.
According to sources, the DNRF ultras are targeting to create disturbances in the three assembly constituencies of Lakhipur, Barkhola and Udharbond in Cachar district.
On being contacted, Cachar Superintendent of Police Diganta Bora said he is in touch with his counterpart in Dima Hasao regarding the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?