Assam: Patrolling in parts of Cachar to foil ultras
Silchar (Assam): Police have intensified patrolling in parts of south Assam`s Cachar district after reports emerged of suspected Dimasa National Revolutionary Force (DNRF) cadres sneaking into the area from the nearby Dima Hasao district.
Police said locals in the Cachar-Dima Hasao border areas have reported seeing groups of armed ultras moving in the area since the past few days.
According to sources, the DNRF ultras are targeting to create disturbances in the three assembly constituencies of Lakhipur, Barkhola and Udharbond in Cachar district.
On being contacted, Cachar Superintendent of Police Diganta Bora said he is in touch with his counterpart in Dima Hasao regarding the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj