Assam: Patrolling in parts of Cachar to foil ultras
Silchar (Assam): Police have intensified patrolling in parts of south Assam`s Cachar district after reports emerged of suspected Dimasa National Revolutionary Force (DNRF) cadres sneaking into the area from the nearby Dima Hasao district.
Police said locals in the Cachar-Dima Hasao border areas have reported seeing groups of armed ultras moving in the area since the past few days.
According to sources, the DNRF ultras are targeting to create disturbances in the three assembly constituencies of Lakhipur, Barkhola and Udharbond in Cachar district.
On being contacted, Cachar Superintendent of Police Diganta Bora said he is in touch with his counterpart in Dima Hasao regarding the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!