Assam Police seize explosives, arrest two
Kamalpur: Acting on a tip-off, Assam Police have recovered huge quantities of explosives and arrested two persons in Kamalpur town.
The operation was launched in the Mandakat area of the town.
Officials informed that the activities were going on for many days and they finally bust the illegal operation.
"We were getting information for the past many days that illegal activities were going on in the area. Huge quantities of explosives, including RDX, were recovered and two persons are arrested in this connection. We launched an operation, raided two places and seized highly explosive material," said a police officer, Rakesh Roushan.
The seized explosives included two kilograms of TNT, approximately five kilograms of Research Department Explosives (RDX), 20 kilograms of ammonium nitrate, 64 detonators and 12 bundles of fuse wire.
Two persons have been arrested in connection and their interrogation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi