Assam repoll: 75 per cent polling
Guwahati: An estimated 75 per cent of
voting was recorded during re-polling in six centres of three
Assam assembly constituencies on Monday.
Election officials said voting was held in a peaceful
manner between 7 am and 3 pm.
The Election Commission had ordered re-polling in
these centres in Rangiya, Bhawanipur and Udalguri following
disturbances during the second phase of the hustings on April
At Rangiya, 83.43 per cent voters cast their votes
today. Polling was suspended in the constituency following
clashes between the voters and BSF men leading to injury of 22
people during police baton charge.
At North Udalguri Nagar Prathimik Vidyalaya in
Udalguri constituency, 62 per cent voters exercised their
franchise after polling was stopped on April 11 when
miscreants had tried to rig the polls.
In Bhawanipur constituency, 80 per cent of the
electorate cast their votes at polling station Number 111 in
Geruwapara, where voting was stopped due to malfunctioning of
EVMs during the second phase of polling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice