Assam repoll: 75 per cent polling
Guwahati: An estimated 75 per cent of
voting was recorded during re-polling in six centres of three
Assam assembly constituencies on Monday.
Election officials said voting was held in a peaceful
manner between 7 am and 3 pm.
The Election Commission had ordered re-polling in
these centres in Rangiya, Bhawanipur and Udalguri following
disturbances during the second phase of the hustings on April
At Rangiya, 83.43 per cent voters cast their votes
today. Polling was suspended in the constituency following
clashes between the voters and BSF men leading to injury of 22
people during police baton charge.
At North Udalguri Nagar Prathimik Vidyalaya in
Udalguri constituency, 62 per cent voters exercised their
franchise after polling was stopped on April 11 when
miscreants had tried to rig the polls.
In Bhawanipur constituency, 80 per cent of the
electorate cast their votes at polling station Number 111 in
Geruwapara, where voting was stopped due to malfunctioning of
EVMs during the second phase of polling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan