Assam Rifles deputy commandant arrested in job racket
New Delhi: A deputy commandant of Assam Rifles, who had been on the run for the last one year, was arrested for his alleged involvement in duping people on pretext of providing them jobs in the paramilitary force.
Dr Kam Dev Das, a medical officer with Assam Rifles, was arrested on Wednesday when he came to Saket Court complex to consult some advocate, police said.
Das, who was allegedly involved in the fake job racket, had not reported for duty since October 2011 when two of his aides -- Archana and Ravinder Chauhan -- were nabbed by the Delhi Police.
Dr Das was part of the racket run by Archana and Ravinder Chauhan, who impersonated as an Army officer, police said.
Several cases had been registered against Dr Das and his two aides at Himachal Pradesh, MP and Haryana, alleging that they duped hundreds of jobseekers.
Das` involvement came into light after Archana told police that she started the racket in 2007-08 after coming in contact with the doctor during a recruitment drive in Jorhat.
The gang cheated several youths by promising them jobs in Assam Rifles and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. More than 200 fake provisional appointment letters were recovered from their possession.
Dr Das allegedly helped Sinha in preparing fake appointment letters of Assam Rifles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?