Assam Rifles deputy commandant arrested in job racket
New Delhi: A deputy commandant of Assam Rifles, who had been on the run for the last one year, was arrested for his alleged involvement in duping people on pretext of providing them jobs in the paramilitary force.
Dr Kam Dev Das, a medical officer with Assam Rifles, was arrested on Wednesday when he came to Saket Court complex to consult some advocate, police said.
Das, who was allegedly involved in the fake job racket, had not reported for duty since October 2011 when two of his aides -- Archana and Ravinder Chauhan -- were nabbed by the Delhi Police.
Dr Das was part of the racket run by Archana and Ravinder Chauhan, who impersonated as an Army officer, police said.
Several cases had been registered against Dr Das and his two aides at Himachal Pradesh, MP and Haryana, alleging that they duped hundreds of jobseekers.
Das` involvement came into light after Archana told police that she started the racket in 2007-08 after coming in contact with the doctor during a recruitment drive in Jorhat.
The gang cheated several youths by promising them jobs in Assam Rifles and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. More than 200 fake provisional appointment letters were recovered from their possession.
Dr Das allegedly helped Sinha in preparing fake appointment letters of Assam Rifles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt