Assam Rifles deputy commandant arrested in job racket
New Delhi: A deputy commandant of Assam Rifles, who had been on the run for the last one year, was arrested for his alleged involvement in duping people on pretext of providing them jobs in the paramilitary force.
Dr Kam Dev Das, a medical officer with Assam Rifles, was arrested on Wednesday when he came to Saket Court complex to consult some advocate, police said.
Das, who was allegedly involved in the fake job racket, had not reported for duty since October 2011 when two of his aides -- Archana and Ravinder Chauhan -- were nabbed by the Delhi Police.
Dr Das was part of the racket run by Archana and Ravinder Chauhan, who impersonated as an Army officer, police said.
Several cases had been registered against Dr Das and his two aides at Himachal Pradesh, MP and Haryana, alleging that they duped hundreds of jobseekers.
Das` involvement came into light after Archana told police that she started the racket in 2007-08 after coming in contact with the doctor during a recruitment drive in Jorhat.
The gang cheated several youths by promising them jobs in Assam Rifles and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. More than 200 fake provisional appointment letters were recovered from their possession.
Dr Das allegedly helped Sinha in preparing fake appointment letters of Assam Rifles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?