Assam Secretariat area declared protected
Guwahati: The area around the Assam Secretariat and other offices have been declared as a protected area from February 26 by the Kamrup (Metro) district authorities.
The order issued by Kamrup (Metro) Deputy Commissioner Ashutosh Agnihotri, directed that none except bonafide residents and public servants of the secretariat and other offices could enter the area without prior permission, an official release said on Friday.
The working hours at the secretariat and all government offices on all working days would be from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm without break from March one to September 30, 2013, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore