Assam Secretariat area declared protected
Guwahati: The area around the Assam Secretariat and other offices have been declared as a protected area from February 26 by the Kamrup (Metro) district authorities.
The order issued by Kamrup (Metro) Deputy Commissioner Ashutosh Agnihotri, directed that none except bonafide residents and public servants of the secretariat and other offices could enter the area without prior permission, an official release said on Friday.
The working hours at the secretariat and all government offices on all working days would be from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm without break from March one to September 30, 2013, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence