Assam Secretariat area declared protected
Guwahati: The area around the Assam Secretariat and other offices have been declared as a protected area from February 26 by the Kamrup (Metro) district authorities.
The order issued by Kamrup (Metro) Deputy Commissioner Ashutosh Agnihotri, directed that none except bonafide residents and public servants of the secretariat and other offices could enter the area without prior permission, an official release said on Friday.
The working hours at the secretariat and all government offices on all working days would be from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm without break from March one to September 30, 2013, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29