Assam Secretariat area declared protected
Guwahati: The area around the Assam Secretariat and other offices have been declared as a protected area from February 26 by the Kamrup (Metro) district authorities.
The order issued by Kamrup (Metro) Deputy Commissioner Ashutosh Agnihotri, directed that none except bonafide residents and public servants of the secretariat and other offices could enter the area without prior permission, an official release said on Friday.
The working hours at the secretariat and all government offices on all working days would be from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm without break from March one to September 30, 2013, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town