Assam security meeting to discuss countering insurgent groups
Guwahati: A high-level security meeting will be held here on Thursday to chalk out an action plan to counter insurgent groups.
A media report quoted Additional DGP (Law and Order) AP Rout, as saying that 10 Superintendents of Police, including those in charge of Bodoland Territorial Area Districts will attend the meeting, besides other senior officials.
Meanwhile, the Central Government has asked the Assam Government to enhance security in Bodo dominated areas.
Senior state government officials said that the much awaited Suspension of Operation treaty with the Ranjan Daimary faction of National Democratic Front of Bodoland will be signed on Friday in Guwahati.
It is expected that NDFB cadres will lay down their arms and will agree to stay in designated camps under the treaty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing