Assam security meeting to discuss countering insurgent groups
Guwahati: A high-level security meeting will be held here on Thursday to chalk out an action plan to counter insurgent groups.
A media report quoted Additional DGP (Law and Order) AP Rout, as saying that 10 Superintendents of Police, including those in charge of Bodoland Territorial Area Districts will attend the meeting, besides other senior officials.
Meanwhile, the Central Government has asked the Assam Government to enhance security in Bodo dominated areas.
Senior state government officials said that the much awaited Suspension of Operation treaty with the Ranjan Daimary faction of National Democratic Front of Bodoland will be signed on Friday in Guwahati.
It is expected that NDFB cadres will lay down their arms and will agree to stay in designated camps under the treaty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof