Assam: Seven wagons of goods train derail
Kokrajhar: In another train mishap, seven
wagons of a goods train derailed near Sesapani in lower
Assam`s Kokrajhar district under North-east Frontier Railway
on Monday, official sources said.
There was no report of any injury.
The wagons jumped off the tracks due to removal of
some portion of a broad gauge track between Kokrajhar and
Fakiragram by miscreants with gas cutter, the sources said.
One metre stretch of another railway track between
Salekati and Singimari stations was also found to have been
cut away but fortunately no mishap took place and it was
Movement of long distance trains got affected
following the derailment incident.
In neighbouring West Bengal`s Malda district, one
person was killed and 50 were injured when 11 bogies of
Guwahati-Bengaluru Express and a passenger train derailed
after a collision at Jamirghata last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre