Assam: Seven wagons of goods train derail
Kokrajhar: In another train mishap, seven
wagons of a goods train derailed near Sesapani in lower
Assam`s Kokrajhar district under North-east Frontier Railway
on Monday, official sources said.
There was no report of any injury.
The wagons jumped off the tracks due to removal of
some portion of a broad gauge track between Kokrajhar and
Fakiragram by miscreants with gas cutter, the sources said.
One metre stretch of another railway track between
Salekati and Singimari stations was also found to have been
cut away but fortunately no mishap took place and it was
Movement of long distance trains got affected
following the derailment incident.
In neighbouring West Bengal`s Malda district, one
person was killed and 50 were injured when 11 bogies of
Guwahati-Bengaluru Express and a passenger train derailed
after a collision at Jamirghata last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20
- Finance Ministry allots Rs 2,000 cr extra budgetary grant for Chardham
- China builds massive seaplane: State media