Assam: Seven wagons of goods train derail
Kokrajhar: In another train mishap, seven
wagons of a goods train derailed near Sesapani in lower
Assam`s Kokrajhar district under North-east Frontier Railway
on Monday, official sources said.
There was no report of any injury.
The wagons jumped off the tracks due to removal of
some portion of a broad gauge track between Kokrajhar and
Fakiragram by miscreants with gas cutter, the sources said.
One metre stretch of another railway track between
Salekati and Singimari stations was also found to have been
cut away but fortunately no mishap took place and it was
Movement of long distance trains got affected
following the derailment incident.
In neighbouring West Bengal`s Malda district, one
person was killed and 50 were injured when 11 bogies of
Guwahati-Bengaluru Express and a passenger train derailed
after a collision at Jamirghata last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC