Assam: Seven wagons of goods train derail
Kokrajhar: In another train mishap, seven
wagons of a goods train derailed near Sesapani in lower
Assam`s Kokrajhar district under North-east Frontier Railway
on Monday, official sources said.
There was no report of any injury.
The wagons jumped off the tracks due to removal of
some portion of a broad gauge track between Kokrajhar and
Fakiragram by miscreants with gas cutter, the sources said.
One metre stretch of another railway track between
Salekati and Singimari stations was also found to have been
cut away but fortunately no mishap took place and it was
Movement of long distance trains got affected
following the derailment incident.
In neighbouring West Bengal`s Malda district, one
person was killed and 50 were injured when 11 bogies of
Guwahati-Bengaluru Express and a passenger train derailed
after a collision at Jamirghata last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers