Assam teacher ties noose on child to demonstrate execution, probe on
Zee Media Bureau
Guwahati: In a shocking incident, a primary school teacher tied a noose around a student`s neck to demonstrate the class how freedom fighters were executed.
His act terrified the class IV students, who fled the classrooms to save their lives, in the Kokalbhangi Primary School in northern Assam’s Sonitpur district, 200km from Guwahati.
The district administration has ordered an inquiry into the case.
According to reports, Dhiren Kakati, the head teacher of the school, was allegedly in an inebriated state when he pushed the students, while explaining a chapter “Independent India”, to wear noose as he was showing execution.
Kakati`s idea was to explain the students how freedom fighters Maniram Dewan and Kushal Konwar of Assam were executed by the British.
The teacher, whose act prompted condemnation from parents, defended his act, saying he was only trying to make children understand how people are hanged.
The district authorities have ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale gets over in minutes; next sale on May 11