Assam teacher ties noose on child to demonstrate execution, probe on
Zee Media Bureau
Guwahati: In a shocking incident, a primary school teacher tied a noose around a student`s neck to demonstrate the class how freedom fighters were executed.
His act terrified the class IV students, who fled the classrooms to save their lives, in the Kokalbhangi Primary School in northern Assam’s Sonitpur district, 200km from Guwahati.
The district administration has ordered an inquiry into the case.
According to reports, Dhiren Kakati, the head teacher of the school, was allegedly in an inebriated state when he pushed the students, while explaining a chapter “Independent India”, to wear noose as he was showing execution.
Kakati`s idea was to explain the students how freedom fighters Maniram Dewan and Kushal Konwar of Assam were executed by the British.
The teacher, whose act prompted condemnation from parents, defended his act, saying he was only trying to make children understand how people are hanged.
The district authorities have ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital