Assam teachers` body calls off agitation
Guwahati: The Asom Sikshak Karmachari Aikya Mancha on Monday called off its agitation following discussions with Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and senior officials of the education department.
The five-member delegation led by Dr Prabhat Chandra Kalita and Anowar Hussain Choudhury placed before the Chief Minister, the Aikya Mancha`s five-point charter of demands, including regularisation of posts of teachers-employees working in venture educational institutions set up on January one, 2006, an official release said.
The Chief Minister after hearing their demands assured them that a committee would be constituted comprising officials from education department and representatives from Aikya Mancha to look into the demands, it said.
Gogoi asked the education officials to hold a meeting with the Mancha this month itself.
The Secondary and Elementary Commissioner and Secretary L S Changson and Education Secretary R C Jain were present during the discussions, it said.
Venture educational institutions (schools) are those set up by private persons for the government to `provincialise` them whereby the salaries of the teachers and staff are paid by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam