Assam teachers` body calls off agitation
Guwahati: The Asom Sikshak Karmachari Aikya Mancha on Monday called off its agitation following discussions with Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and senior officials of the education department.
The five-member delegation led by Dr Prabhat Chandra Kalita and Anowar Hussain Choudhury placed before the Chief Minister, the Aikya Mancha`s five-point charter of demands, including regularisation of posts of teachers-employees working in venture educational institutions set up on January one, 2006, an official release said.
The Chief Minister after hearing their demands assured them that a committee would be constituted comprising officials from education department and representatives from Aikya Mancha to look into the demands, it said.
Gogoi asked the education officials to hold a meeting with the Mancha this month itself.
The Secondary and Elementary Commissioner and Secretary LS Changson and Education Secretary RC Jain were present during the discussions, it said.
Venture educational institutions (schools) are those set up by private persons for the government to `provincialise` them whereby the salaries of the teachers and staff are paid by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state