Assam: Three dead after consuming home-made liquor
Dibrugarh (Assam): Three persons died and three others fell critically ill after they consumed home-made liquor in Assam`s Dibrugarh district, official sources said here Wednesday.
The victims, all residents of Balijan tea estate, complained of severe pain after they consumed the home-made brew on Monday night. They were admitted to the garden hospital where three of them died yesterday.
Three others were referred to Assam Medical College Hospital where their condition was stated to be critical.
Dibrugarh Deputy Commissioner Aruna Rajoria has ordered raids by the excise department in the area and an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him