Assam: Three dead after consuming home-made liquor
Dibrugarh (Assam): Three persons died and three others fell critically ill after they consumed home-made liquor in Assam`s Dibrugarh district, official sources said here Wednesday.
The victims, all residents of Balijan tea estate, complained of severe pain after they consumed the home-made brew on Monday night. They were admitted to the garden hospital where three of them died yesterday.
Three others were referred to Assam Medical College Hospital where their condition was stated to be critical.
Dibrugarh Deputy Commissioner Aruna Rajoria has ordered raids by the excise department in the area and an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday