Assam: Three dead after consuming home-made liquor
Dibrugarh (Assam): Three persons died and three others fell critically ill after they consumed home-made liquor in Assam`s Dibrugarh district, official sources said here Wednesday.
The victims, all residents of Balijan tea estate, complained of severe pain after they consumed the home-made brew on Monday night. They were admitted to the garden hospital where three of them died yesterday.
Three others were referred to Assam Medical College Hospital where their condition was stated to be critical.
Dibrugarh Deputy Commissioner Aruna Rajoria has ordered raids by the excise department in the area and an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP