Assam: Three dead after consuming home-made liquor
Dibrugarh (Assam): Three persons died and three others fell critically ill after they consumed home-made liquor in Assam`s Dibrugarh district, official sources said here Wednesday.
The victims, all residents of Balijan tea estate, complained of severe pain after they consumed the home-made brew on Monday night. They were admitted to the garden hospital where three of them died yesterday.
Three others were referred to Assam Medical College Hospital where their condition was stated to be critical.
Dibrugarh Deputy Commissioner Aruna Rajoria has ordered raids by the excise department in the area and an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!