Assam: Three dead after consuming home-made liquor
Dibrugarh (Assam): Three persons died and three others fell critically ill after they consumed home-made liquor in Assam`s Dibrugarh district, official sources said here Wednesday.
The victims, all residents of Balijan tea estate, complained of severe pain after they consumed the home-made brew on Monday night. They were admitted to the garden hospital where three of them died yesterday.
Three others were referred to Assam Medical College Hospital where their condition was stated to be critical.
Dibrugarh Deputy Commissioner Aruna Rajoria has ordered raids by the excise department in the area and an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!