Assam, Tibetan culture speak the same language of peace: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today said the Assam and Tibetan culture spoke the same language of peace and harmony.
"We are brothers. There is no difference between your blood and my blood... (I am) A great believer of Lord Buddha," Gogoi said at a function here in the presence of the Tibetan spiritual leader The Dalai Lama here.
"Assam is a land of Vaishnavite Guru Sankardeva and Sufi saint Azan Fakir, who preached unity among all religions, I know the Tibetan culture also speaks in the same language," he said while delivering the keynote address at the inaugural function of Festival of Tibet here.
Gogoi said the festival, "will go a long way to eliminate hatred and insurgency problem of my state." Expressing concern over the spiral of violence and insurgency in the state, Gogoi sought "the Dalai Lama`s blessings" to bring peace, harmony and development for all humans.
"In my state, violence and insurgency are increasing recently. We need the Dalai Lama`s message of peace and harmony to abjure violence. That is the need of the hour," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi