Assam, Tibetan culture speak the same language of peace: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today said the Assam and Tibetan culture spoke the same language of peace and harmony.
"We are brothers. There is no difference between your blood and my blood... (I am) A great believer of Lord Buddha," Gogoi said at a function here in the presence of the Tibetan spiritual leader The Dalai Lama here.
"Assam is a land of Vaishnavite Guru Sankardeva and Sufi saint Azan Fakir, who preached unity among all religions, I know the Tibetan culture also speaks in the same language," he said while delivering the keynote address at the inaugural function of Festival of Tibet here.
Gogoi said the festival, "will go a long way to eliminate hatred and insurgency problem of my state." Expressing concern over the spiral of violence and insurgency in the state, Gogoi sought "the Dalai Lama`s blessings" to bring peace, harmony and development for all humans.
"In my state, violence and insurgency are increasing recently. We need the Dalai Lama`s message of peace and harmony to abjure violence. That is the need of the hour," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country