Assam to have 126 model hospitals, 60 to start thi
Guwahati: The Assam government will set up 126 model hospitals in each of the assembly constituencies, 60 of which will start functioning from this fiscal, state Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Wednesday.
Replying to a query of Bodoland Peoples Front`s Pradip Kumar Brahma, Sarma said: "We are setting up 126 model hospitals in all the constituencies. Out of this, we have started work on 100 hospitals".
The government is moving ahead as per its target and will open 60 hospitals during this financial year, he said.
"We have already started the process for purchasing the equipments," he added.
Talking about the appointments of the staff, Sarma said the process is likely to complete by November this year.
"We have completed the Grade IV appointments. Next month, the interviews for Grade III will happen... We have 35,000 candidates for written examinations," he added.
Assam Public Service Commission has also started the process to appoint doctors for the model hospitals, he informed the House.
Sarma, however, did not share other details such as how many beds will be there in each hospital and how much the government will spend in building all the 126 model hospitals across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!