Assam to observe 150th anniv of Vivekananda
Guwahati: A year-long programme would be organised in Assam along with the rest of the country to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
A cultural procession would be taken out on January 12 here which will be attended among others by Pro-Vice Chancellor of Tezpur University and Barpeta Sattra`s head Bashishtha Dev Sarmah, Convenor of Swami Vivekananda`s 150th Birth Anniversary Committee Siddhartha Dev Sarmah told reporters here Thursday.
He said that several programmes have been chalked out at both the national and state level to take his message to every home in the country.
The organisers of the celebration committees have adopted the theme `Wake Up Bharat! Enlighten the world` and would make a determined effort to bring a renaissance in the country.
Eminent intellectuals, youth icons, spiritual leaders, scientists, economists and administrators are steering the working committees at the national, regional and state level, Sarmah added.
The Committee has also planned to celebrate with year-long programmes under five segments--youth (Yuva Shakti), women (Samvardhini), elite and intellectuals (Prabuddh), rural (Gramya) and for tribal communities (Asmita).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic