Assam to respond in 12 areas of interstate border difference
Shillong: Assam government has said it will respond in black and white to lay claim on the 12 areas of difference along the interstate border with Meghalaya following which the Chief Secretary-level talks will be convened again, official sources said on Friday.
The assurance was made by Assam Chief Secretary NK Das during the Chief Secretary(CS) -level talks held yesterday at Guwahati.
"Assam will respond shortly to the 12 areas of difference in the interstate border of Assam and Meghalaya after which another CS-level meet will be held," Meghalaya Chief Secretary WMS Pariat told a news agency here.
Pariat said that any claim made by either side beyond the constitutional boundary will have to be supported by documents and should be in black and white.
The high level talks have also decided that there should be a co-ordinated approach towards reducing tension in conflict areas including Langpih besides others.
The DGPs and other senior home officials of both the states participated in the talks besides the Deputy Commissioners of Kamrup and West Khasi Hills district.
On the skirmishes that erupted at Langpih, Khanduli and Khanapara recently, Pariat said he cannot rule out the involvement of vested interests on both sides of the border.
Both Chief Secretaries have agreed on coordination at all level of governance and also at the grassroot level to reduce tension and focus on development works on both sides of the two states.
Pariat, however, said, local level mechanism would be explored and different communities will be consulted for undertaking developmental works but on consultation by local Deputy Commissioners.
Terming the high level meet as "good and conducive for development", Pariat said the next CS-level meeting is expected to be held within a month or two to find out solution how to end the decades-old border dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared