Assam to supply 9 LPG cylinders at subsidised rates
Guwahati: The Congress government in Assam Wednesday decided to raise the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinders from the Centre-proposed six to nine for each household in a year.
"Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has directed that every household in the state would be entitled to nine LPG cylinders at subsidised rates," an official statement said.
"Gogoi has directed concerned departments to take action in this regard," the statement added.
The decision by the state government came a few hours after AICC asked all Congress-ruled states to raise the number of subsidised cylinders from the proposed six to nine for each household in a year.
The step comes after Trinamool Congress pulled out from UPA government demanding total withdrawal of the decision on FDI in retail, raising the cap on subsidised LPG from six to 12 cylinders and reduction of diesel hike from Rs 5 by Rs 3 or Rs 4 for reconsideration of her decision.
Union Ministers K V Thomas and Harish Rawat have expressed their disagreement with the annual cap of six subsidised LPG cylinders per family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre