Assam to supply 9 LPG cylinders at subsidised rates
Guwahati: The Congress government in Assam Wednesday decided to raise the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinders from the Centre-proposed six to nine for each household in a year.
"Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has directed that every household in the state would be entitled to nine LPG cylinders at subsidised rates," an official statement said.
"Gogoi has directed concerned departments to take action in this regard," the statement added.
The decision by the state government came a few hours after AICC asked all Congress-ruled states to raise the number of subsidised cylinders from the proposed six to nine for each household in a year.
The step comes after Trinamool Congress pulled out from UPA government demanding total withdrawal of the decision on FDI in retail, raising the cap on subsidised LPG from six to 12 cylinders and reduction of diesel hike from Rs 5 by Rs 3 or Rs 4 for reconsideration of her decision.
Union Ministers K V Thomas and Harish Rawat have expressed their disagreement with the annual cap of six subsidised LPG cylinders per family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!