Assam: Two missing after boat capsize
Morigaon (Assam): A father and his son are reported to be missing after a country-made boat capsized in the Brahmaputra river at Morigaon district of central Assam, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place at around midnight yesterday near Bakolibari when a family of three were travelling in the boat from their native village of Burgaon to Mayong primary health centre.
Joydeb Biswas (42) and his nine-year-old son Papa Biswas went missing in the water while Joydeb`s wife was rescued by the local people after they heard some screams.
A search operation has been launched for the missing duo who remain untraced till the time of filing of the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what