Assam: Two missing after boat capsize
Morigaon (Assam): A father and his son are reported to be missing after a country-made boat capsized in the Brahmaputra river at Morigaon district of central Assam, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place at around midnight yesterday near Bakolibari when a family of three were travelling in the boat from their native village of Burgaon to Mayong primary health centre.
Joydeb Biswas (42) and his nine-year-old son Papa Biswas went missing in the water while Joydeb`s wife was rescued by the local people after they heard some screams.
A search operation has been launched for the missing duo who remain untraced till the time of filing of the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert