Assam: ULFA ask media house owner to quit state
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of ULFA
on Thursday served a quit notice to the owner of a leading private
Assamese news channel for allegedly trying to paint a
negative picture about the outfit.
In a statement e-mailed to the media here, the
faction`s `Central Publicity Department` member Joy Asom
asked the businessman to leave the state failing "which strict
action will be taken".
It accused the owner, who heads a major diversified
business group, of trying to use his channel to propagate
"false reports about the outfit including its top
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy