Assam: ULFA cadre killed in encounter
Goalpara: An ULFA cadre,
suspected to have been behind the attack on a CRPF convoy in August, was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Goalpara district on Monday.
Police said acting on specific information, a joint team of police and CRPF personnel launched an operation in Khardang area of the district and the militant was killed in the encounter that ensued.
The security forces recovered an US-made carbine, 10 rounds of live ammunitions, a magazine, six writing pads and several extortion demand letters from the slain militant who was also identified as a member of the ULFA anti-talk faction.
The militant was suspected to have been the mastermind behind an IED blast when a convoy of CRPF vehicles were crossing Khardang area on August nine but none was injured in the attack.
The anti-talk ULFA faction headed by Paresh Barua has, however, denied the miltant was one of its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth