Assam: ULFA cadre killed in encounter
Goalpara: An ULFA cadre,
suspected to have been behind the attack on a CRPF convoy in August, was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Goalpara district on Monday.
Police said acting on specific information, a joint team of police and CRPF personnel launched an operation in Khardang area of the district and the militant was killed in the encounter that ensued.
The security forces recovered an US-made carbine, 10 rounds of live ammunitions, a magazine, six writing pads and several extortion demand letters from the slain militant who was also identified as a member of the ULFA anti-talk faction.
The militant was suspected to have been the mastermind behind an IED blast when a convoy of CRPF vehicles were crossing Khardang area on August nine but none was injured in the attack.
The anti-talk ULFA faction headed by Paresh Barua has, however, denied the miltant was one of its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?