Assam: ULFA cadre killed in encounter
Goalpara: An ULFA cadre,
suspected to have been behind the attack on a CRPF convoy in August, was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Goalpara district on Monday.
Police said acting on specific information, a joint team of police and CRPF personnel launched an operation in Khardang area of the district and the militant was killed in the encounter that ensued.
The security forces recovered an US-made carbine, 10 rounds of live ammunitions, a magazine, six writing pads and several extortion demand letters from the slain militant who was also identified as a member of the ULFA anti-talk faction.
The militant was suspected to have been the mastermind behind an IED blast when a convoy of CRPF vehicles were crossing Khardang area on August nine but none was injured in the attack.
The anti-talk ULFA faction headed by Paresh Barua has, however, denied the miltant was one of its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city