Assam: ULFA cadre killed in encounter
Goalpara: An ULFA cadre,
suspected to have been behind the attack on a CRPF convoy in August, was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Goalpara district on Monday.
Police said acting on specific information, a joint team of police and CRPF personnel launched an operation in Khardang area of the district and the militant was killed in the encounter that ensued.
The security forces recovered an US-made carbine, 10 rounds of live ammunitions, a magazine, six writing pads and several extortion demand letters from the slain militant who was also identified as a member of the ULFA anti-talk faction.
The militant was suspected to have been the mastermind behind an IED blast when a convoy of CRPF vehicles were crossing Khardang area on August nine but none was injured in the attack.
The anti-talk ULFA faction headed by Paresh Barua has, however, denied the miltant was one of its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'