Assam: ULFA protest against illegal migrants
Guwahati: The Paresh Barua-led ULFA anti-talk faction Sunday urged the people of Assam to continue with their agitation against illegal migrants in the state to protect the interest of indigenous people.
"Assam must be free from foreigners so that indigenous people are protected or else their very existence will be wiped out," the faction`s self-styled Chairman Abhijit Asom said in a statement e-mailed.
The recent "verbal certificate" given by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi during his recent visit to Kokrajhar and Dhubri that all inmates in the relief camps were Indians "indicates that there is a conspiracy to wipe out the existence of the indigenous Assamese", he said.
"Everybody is aware that there has been large-scale migration from the neighbouring country and the people of Assam had carried out a six-year-long anti-foreigners` stir, but the government has gone ahead with describing the migrants as Indian which was indeed a matter of grave concern for the people of the region," he said.
The people of Assam have risen to the danger and launched widespread protests against the presence of foreigners but the ruling leaders of the country have ignored these protests and their actions and statements indicate that they are not interested in resolving the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`