Assam: ULFA protest against illegal migrants
Guwahati: The Paresh Barua-led ULFA anti-talk faction on Sunday urged the people of Assam to continue with their agitation against illegal migrants in the state to protect the interest of indigenous people.
"Assam must be free from foreigners so that indigenous people are protected or else their very existence will be wiped out," the faction`s self-styled Chairman Abhijit Asom said in a statement e-mailed to PTI.
The recent "verbal certificate" given by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi during his recent visit to Kokrajhar and Dhubri that all inmates in the relief camps were Indians "indicates that there is a conspiracy to wipe out the existence of the indigenous Assamese", he said.
"Everybody is aware that there has been large-scale migration from the neighbouring country and the people of Assam had carried out a six-year-long anti-foreigners` stir, but the government has gone ahead with describing the migrants as Indian which was indeed a matter of grave concern for the people of the region," he said.
The people of Assam have risen to the danger and launched widespread protests against the presence of foreigners but the ruling leaders of the country have ignored these protests and their actions and statements indicate that they are not interested in resolving the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Dombivali blast: What actually led to fire mishap in chemical factory and what all eyewitnesses saw
- Beyond Leicester City and Premier League: Understanding English Football Pyramid
- Here's how digital space went against Kangana Ranaut
- Links with Dawood Ibrahim: Won't hesitate to act against whosoever found guilty, says Rajnath Singh
- BJP-led NDA completes 2 years in offfice: What Arvind Kejriwal thinks of Narendra Modi