Assam will not tolerate encroachment: Minister
Lakhimpur: Assam will not `tolerate` any encroachment on its land by neighbouring states and has directed the concerned district authorities to evict all encroachments, state Border Minister Siddeque Ahmed Tuesday said.
"The government has decided to set up nine border outposts in Lakhimpur district along the 158 km border with Arunachal Pradesh. Border roads will also be developed", Ahmed said.
The government, he said, has chalked out a Rs 40 crore project to develop its border with neighbouring states.
The minister held a meeting with Lakhimpur deputy commissioner, superintendent of police and other senior officials of the district to discuss the recent alleged encroachments by people of Arunachal Pradesh on Assam`s land and constructions there later dismantled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users