Assam will not tolerate encroachment: Minister
Lakhimpur: Assam will not `tolerate` any encroachment on its land by neighbouring states and has directed the concerned district authorities to evict all encroachments, state Border Minister Siddeque Ahmed Tuesday said.
"The government has decided to set up nine border outposts in Lakhimpur district along the 158 km border with Arunachal Pradesh. Border roads will also be developed", Ahmed said.
The government, he said, has chalked out a Rs 40 crore project to develop its border with neighbouring states.
The minister held a meeting with Lakhimpur deputy commissioner, superintendent of police and other senior officials of the district to discuss the recent alleged encroachments by people of Arunachal Pradesh on Assam`s land and constructions there later dismantled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all