Assam will not tolerate encroachment: Minister
Lakhimpur: Assam will not `tolerate` any encroachment on its land by neighbouring states and has directed the concerned district authorities to evict all encroachments, state Border Minister Siddeque Ahmed Tuesday said.
"The government has decided to set up nine border outposts in Lakhimpur district along the 158 km border with Arunachal Pradesh. Border roads will also be developed", Ahmed said.
The government, he said, has chalked out a Rs 40 crore project to develop its border with neighbouring states.
The minister held a meeting with Lakhimpur deputy commissioner, superintendent of police and other senior officials of the district to discuss the recent alleged encroachments by people of Arunachal Pradesh on Assam`s land and constructions there later dismantled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?