Assam will not tolerate encroachment: Minister
Lakhimpur: Assam will not `tolerate` any encroachment on its land by neighbouring states and has directed the concerned district authorities to evict all encroachments, state Border Minister Siddeque Ahmed Tuesday said.
"The government has decided to set up nine border outposts in Lakhimpur district along the 158 km border with Arunachal Pradesh. Border roads will also be developed", Ahmed said.
The government, he said, has chalked out a Rs 40 crore project to develop its border with neighbouring states.
The minister held a meeting with Lakhimpur deputy commissioner, superintendent of police and other senior officials of the district to discuss the recent alleged encroachments by people of Arunachal Pradesh on Assam`s land and constructions there later dismantled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued