Assam will not tolerate encroachment: Minister
Lakhimpur: Assam will not `tolerate` any encroachment on its land by neighbouring states and has directed the concerned district authorities to evict all encroachments, state Border Minister Siddeque Ahmed Tuesday said.
"The government has decided to set up nine border outposts in Lakhimpur district along the 158 km border with Arunachal Pradesh. Border roads will also be developed", Ahmed said.
The government, he said, has chalked out a Rs 40 crore project to develop its border with neighbouring states.
The minister held a meeting with Lakhimpur deputy commissioner, superintendent of police and other senior officials of the district to discuss the recent alleged encroachments by people of Arunachal Pradesh on Assam`s land and constructions there later dismantled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA